Breast Enhancement Often Boosts Women’s Self Image / Confidence
Breast augmentation — breast implant surgery — is the most common cosmetic surgery performed today, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. More than 290,000 women had the surgery in 2013.
It’s a significant step for most women, but is most often a positive one. Studies show that breast implants can boost self-esteem, body image, and sexual satisfaction.
A Good Candidate:
A good candidate for breast implants surgery, or any other type of plastic surgery procedure, must be honest with herself and her surgeon in determining why she wants to have the surgery.
- Why are you choosing to have a breast enhancement?
- What do you expect to gain from having this type of surgery?
- What are your goals once you have had your surgery?
You may be a good candidate for breast implant surgery if:
- You are heathy
- You have reasonable expectations for the results of your surgery
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You feel as if your breasts are too small
- You are unhappy with the loss of shape or fullness after pregnancy, weight changes, or aging
- You have asymmetrical breasts in terms of volume or shape
For the right patient, cosmetic surgery can bring about new beginnings, needed changes and a strong self-image. It is important to take ample time to consider your surgery choices and communicate effectively with your plastic surgeon.
What’s Your Next Step?
The changes you have chosen to make to improve your self-image on the surface will bring about positive changes within you as well.